• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S - Indian thread

Hi All

Just spoke to samsung service centre in noida sec. 27 and they said that the current version 2.3.3 has been reported to be buggy and they have been advised not to install it on any handset. The reviews on this thread suggest otherwise and I am mighty confused.

I wasnt able to install it myself because it kept giving an error message 'this application needs to be closed due to an internal error' (as mentioned on the previous page) and even after I 'Factory reset' my phone, I was unable to upgrade it through my system.

Any suggestions as to whether upgrade it in the first place or wait and watch.. and if yes, then should I use odin to upgrade instead of kies?

Thanks
Nishant

Upvote 0
Anyonee anyy suggestions????Plzzzzzz lemmme knowwwwww....:thinking:

Hiiii alll.................tried everything to migrate from xxjpy to xxjvk........download mode not working on my "smart"fone :mad: so didnt used odin:thinking:.......than tried some kies spoofing software called SppofFw...that didnt worked toooo...if anybody can suggest any other method i'll be greatful :eek:!!

Upvote 0
Regading the severe battery drain post upgrading to 2.3.3. one of the advices given to me was to do a factory reset. Now, my phone isnt rooted. I wanna know a simple way to backup all my apps n other imp stuff before i do the factory reset..please suggest

Astro can backup market apps, but not stock apps. So all your memos, etc. will disappear.

Upvote 0
Regading the severe battery drain post upgrading to 2.3.3. one of the advices given to me was to do a factory reset. Now, my phone isnt rooted. I wanna know a simple way to backup all my apps n other imp stuff before i do the factory reset..please suggest

I had the same problem....i read about clearing data from "Software Update" and "Samsung Account" which can be found in Settings > Applications > Memory Usage....doing this has drastically improved my Battery life.....now it is more than what i used to get out off Froyo!

Upvote 0
Hi all,
I have sm issues with my contact

1)My FB contact pictures are not updating to the latest one even on syncing. Its the same as when I first added FB as contact. May be updated for a few syncs but not any more from a long time. My frens have changed thr pics a lot many times but my contact list hold the same old one :(

2)How can I choose to have someone's Fb pic as the contact pic (for linked contacts) as now its always google profile pic that comes in.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,
I got a firmware upgrade initmation for JV9. Did all the stuff that we do for a firmware upgrade. But in between the process, a KIES window popped saying "that my device is not responding. unplug, remove battery and plug again".. when i clicked OK on the window, the firmware process closed but my phone was still in the Yellow "downloading..do not turn of target!!". Now when i unlugged the phone its completely gone. I see a black screen with a small picture of my phone trying to connect to my pc and a exclamation mark between them!!....i tried hard reset..dsnt work....my pc no longer recognizes my phone...i dont know what to do.....Please suggest!!!

Upvote 0
Hi all,
I have sm issues with my contact

1)My FB contact pictures are not updating to the latest one even on syncing. Its the same as when I first added FB as contact. May be updated for a few syncs but not any more from a long time. My frens have changed thr pics a lot many times but my contact list hold the same old one :(

2)How can I choose to have someone's Fb pic as the contact pic (for linked contacts) as now its always google profile pic that comes in.

Thanks

Had this problem after i upgraded my phone....to solve this i simply exported my contacts to external card...then deleted all my contact list(u get "select all" option) and then logged in to Facebook and synced all my FB contacts and then imported my earlier contact list from the sd card and deleted the contacts which appeared twice...this way u can preserve phone numbers of people who r not on ur friend list ...its a bit tedious but it works and now my phone properly syncs all the contacts with FB!

Upvote 0
I have Galaxy S GT-I9000. As soon as I connected my phone to the PC (Kies), it automatically upgraded it to 2.3 from its native 2.2 Android version. Now I find that some of the features have been lost in the process. Particularly the 'pinch and zoom' feature for the text messages. It is really needed for the persons like me with eyesight problems. Can someone help me in the matter???? Will be thankful.

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,
I got a firmware upgrade initmation for JV9. Did all the stuff that we do for a firmware upgrade. But in between the process, a KIES window popped saying "that my device is not responding. unplug, remove battery and plug again".. when i clicked OK on the window, the firmware process closed but my phone was still in the Yellow "downloading..do not turn of target!!". Now when i unlugged the phone its completely gone. I see a black screen with a small picture of my phone trying to connect to my pc and a exclamation mark between them!!....i tried hard reset..dsnt work....my pc no longer recognizes my phone...i dont know what to do.....Please suggest!!!

This same thing happened to me. I think I've bricked my phone.. all I can do is to get into download mode with the down volume + home key+ power button. But what after that? Somebody, anybody please help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones