• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S performance down after Froyo update

Hello Guys,

I recently purchased Samsung Galaxy GT I9000 with Android 2.1. The performance was excellent. Later I updated to Android 2.2 through Samsung Kies (the froyo update from official samsung channel).

But after the update the performance of the device has taken a hit. The device is slow for most of the actions.

Any clues? Do you think I need to format and re-install Android 2.2 from scratch?

Regards,
Madhu Samuel
Eclipse Bible - A Repository of eclipse resources

Maybe, it couldn't hurt. Go to xda developers and I'm sure they have a guide on how to do so.
You're lucky, at least you have 2.2. I have a Vibrant and will have to wait until sometime in January for the official release. Or at least that's the ETA so far. It gets pushed back every month to the next month.

Starting to get REALLY annoyed with Samsung.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones