• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S2 not picking up mobile network Vodafone India

ami280

Lurker
My phone Samsung Galaxy S2 Model Number GT-I9003, Firmware version 2.3.6, Baseband version Unknown, Kernel version 2.6.35.7-CL882023dpi@DELL144#1, Build number GINGERBREAD.DDKP3 is not picking up any mobile network (Vodafone India)

Can you please tell me what to do? Before this, it was going into airplane mode by default, but not anymore.

I've done the factory reset.

Please reply quickly. Thanks so much.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums ami280! :)

Lets see if we can help you out...

My phone Samsung Galaxy S2 Model Number GT-I9003,

The model number, GT-i9003, is in fact a Samsung Galaxy SL model and not the Samsung Galaxy S2, GT-i9100, International.

Here is a comparison of the two phones, which shows notable differences...

Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL vs. Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com

Firmware version 2.3.6, Baseband version Unknown, Kernel version 2.6.35.7-CL882023dpi@DELL144#1, Build number GINGERBREAD.DDKP3

The Galaxy SL has never had ICS, (Ice Cream Sandwich), or Jelly Bean firmware released for it by Samsung. However, there is an update for your current Gingerbread firmware to Android 2.3.6, DDMFI....

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9003DDMF1_I9003ODDLF2_INU.zip

is not picking up any mobile network (Vodafone India)

Flashing the above firmware, either by connecting to the Samsung PC Suite, Kies, and checking to see if you get an automatic update or by manually flashing it via a third party PC suite called Odin will give you the latest baseband/modem which could help your connection problems.

I have contacted the Mods and asked them to move your thread to the Galaxy SL section of the forum, where you can receive more help for your model of phone, here...

Samsung Galaxy SL - Android Forums

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom