• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Health

The_Chief

Accept no imitations!
I have the Galaxy Watch Ultra that advertised upgraded sensors for better sleep tracking (I have some very serious sleep issues and want to track my sleep closely). However, I submitted an error report to Samsung Support because, apparently, the Sleep Score is based on how long I have Sleep Mode enabled on the watch... not my actual sleep time. WTH, Samsung??? I put the watch in Sleep Mode so it doesn't light up when I turn my wrist: but I'm not asleep yet. My Sleep Score is low because of "excessive sleep time" - even though my actual sleep time was 7-1/2 hours! This is BS and it needs to be fixed in a hurry.

Screenshot_20240804_064051_Samsung Health.jpg

That does seem dumb - especially since the "actual sleep time" result would indicate that it can detect when you are actually sleeping...

It does - the watch detects pulse rate, skin temperature, respiration rate... so Samsung Health knows when I'm asleep. Why the app insists on exaggerating my total sleep time is beyond me... but it's ridiculous to be docked points for excessive sleep when I'm obviously not asleep.

UPDATE:

Samsung Support responded to my complaint, saying that the sensors kick in when they detect I'm actually asleep... but the total sleep time is based on how long I lie there without moving. So if I'm lying there, trying to fall asleep but my mind refuses to turn off, Samsung Health will wrongly assume I'm asleep. That's stupid as crap: they asked for logs next time it happens, and I'll make sure it happens.

Last edited:
It's sad how long smartwatches have been around and the experience is still meh.

the total sleep time is based on how long I lie there without moving.
That does make sense if you're comparing different levels of sleep like REM, light sleep, restless, etc... you'd want the full length of time you're trying to sleep for comparison stats. It's definitely helpful to know how long you were trying to sleep vs. how much sleep you got.

It's sad you are the owner of this site and disappear for months.

It is indeed sad- but I'm not sure what that has to do with this post?

It's also sad when people are judgemental and lack empathy, without care or concern for the details and circumstances.

But it's all good. I understand the frustration but disagree with the venue.

That does make sense if you're comparing different levels of sleep like REM, light sleep, restless, etc... you'd want the full length of time you're trying to sleep for comparison stats. It's definitely helpful to know how long you were trying to sleep vs. how much sleep you got.

It is indeed sad- but I'm not sure what that has to do with this post?

It's also sad when people are judgemental and lack empathy, without care or concern for the details and circumstances.

But it's all good. I understand the frustration but disagree with the venue.
Right, wrong place, I talked to you about this in another thread and you took accountability. I'm sorry if you were going thru personal issues, but over many years you have kind of done the disappearing act and we need you here. Water under the bridge at this point. I've said my frustrations and will love on. Please continue with the original topic of this thread moving forward.

Back
Top Bottom