• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung holding event in NYC on May 24. Could it be US SGS2 annoucement day??

taylormah

Seems like Samsung is sending out invites for this event. I came across this webpage telling that samsung is holding an event on the evening of May 24th in NYC. Well, I remember GS1 was announced for all carriers on such evening event last year, so I am pretty sure this event is announcement day for GSII for US carriers, a day I was so anxiously waiting for. What do you guys think? Could it be something else?

WOAH...the UK has a phone before the US....this NEVER happens!! :-P

On another note, a tech site earlier said it could be for the Infuse 4G, or one of the numerous tablets Samsung have lined up.

Nice! If this is authentic then it would make even more sense that the one they are holding May 5th with AT&T would be for the Infuse and then this one would be for the SGS2
Crossing my fingers! I am seriously itching to get my hands on this beast!

For the love of everything that's good and fluffy, please let it be the announcement for the SGS2!

The suspense is killing me...

Seems like Samsung is sending out invites for this event. I came across this webpage telling that samsung is holding an event on the evening of May 24th in NYC. Well, I remember GS1 was announced for all carriers on such evening event last year, so I am pretty sure this event is announcement day for GSII for US carriers, a day I was so anxiously waiting for. What do you guys think? Could it be something else?
I know it will available in US in "Q3", but what's exact time? Samsung Galaxy S2 release dates in USA, Canada and more than 16 countries | Galaxy-S2.com

anyone one know why UK got it so early? It's really odd for UK to get it first, let alone this early.

Actually as I was writing the above, I just thought that it's probably to do with NFC. The UK GSII hasn't got the chip, because NFC (i doubt) is actually going to come to the UK, at least for a little while. So it could be the GSII is being timed to be released, when NFC is predicted to become more popular in the US??

BOO! Infuse. BOOH! Why can't you switch announcement dates and save today for the SGS2???? And why do you have to look 99.9% identical to the SGS2? Okay, maybe it's the other way around. But still...BOOOH!

anyone one know why UK got it so early? It's really odd for UK to get it first, let alone this early.

Actually as I was writing the above, I just thought that it's probably to do with NFC. The UK GSII hasn't got the chip, because NFC (i doubt) is actually going to come to the UK, at least for a little while. So it could be the GSII is being timed to be released, when NFC is predicted to become more popular in the US??

The UK had the original SG first so why are people acting a little surprised? It's following the same order the first one did. They actually got it sooner then they did last year so hopefully that means the US version will come sooner.

Anyways, more reviews are popping up about the SGSII and they are looking even better. I find something new every time it seems like. The native email app for the phone is awesome. It is set up like a tablet when in landscape mode. It shows your folders and etc on the left and the actual email that you are currently looking at on the right. You can still pinch to zoom while on this view. This phone is just to good.

I hope they do a better job on May 24th event than they did today. From the few pictures I saw the whole affair looked amateurish. The backdrop was a total joke: it was crooked and wrinkled.

I wonder why Samsung is releasing phones like the Infuse and Droid Charge so close to release of the SGS II phones? Potential customers who don't keep up on the latest Android news and phone releases might think they are purchasing the latest versions of the SGS line when all they are getting are slightly updated versions of the original SGS.

No idea when NFC will start to roll out in the US, but there is this for the UK...

Samsung and Visa to bring NFC payments to the London 2012 Olympics ? NFC World

It will be cool if this is the SGSII that they are announcing even though I am a Sprint user, because it just means it can't be to far off for the other US carriers. I understand it was already coming with the bands for AT&T, but I don't just see Sammy putting out one for the US just because it had it bands. Would be really unorganized and not professional.

what's funny is that the SGS2 thats being sold in UK right now DOES NOT have the NFC chip..

Lets hope samsung smartens up.

That's because NFC is not big over there. It's not a big deal to not have it. It's cool but when will you really use it? Until they actually rid of credit cards and etc it will just be emergency use only.

That's because NFC is not big over there. It's not a big deal to not have it. It's cool but when will you really use it? Until they actually rid of credit cards and etc it will just be emergency use only.

Nfc in phones is such a good idea..because no one ever loses there phones lol. Nfc= fail

Back
Top Bottom