• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Intercept - Virgin Mobile 169.99

ABRMess006

I am sure most of you that have already purchased the phone paid $250 for it at Target or online. I just found this morning at Best Buy for 169.99. I was at Target last night and it is still 250 there.

So for those of you that do not have this phone and are thinking about getting it, now would be a good time, not sure if it is a sale price or not but you can't beat that price for this phone.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Virgin+...Gray/1409226.p?id=1218255995990&skuId=1409226

Just thought I would share this :D

Is the Optimus V a superior phone compared to the Intercept? I've had the Intercept since December and purchased mine from Best Buy at $179.99 net considering I got a $40 gift card with the purchase. I wish the Intercept had a bigger screen size and resolution.

I think the Optimus will be about the same grade as the Intercept. Same size screen, the only plus right off the bat it seems so far is that the Optimus will come factory with Froyo which is definitely a huge plus.

If the speaker quality sucks that'd be a big turn off for me seeing as I use my phone for music almost on a daily basis. I think the one on the intercept is great!! I usually use it in my room instead of my CD player cause i can carry it around with me and it's loud :D

Just bought mine today at best Buy as a matter of fact.

So far, so good. And at $170, not much of a regret.

I am happy even spending the 230, after the $20 gift card to Target. But for 170, it's unbeatable. Glad you got the deal I am sure everyone on here wish they got :P

I paid the 219 for mine, but then the next week it was on sale at BBY for 179 so I went in and had them refund me the difference!

Hmm, the Optimus seems like a nice phone, but I like the idea of having a keyboard & a touch screen keyboard, cause maybe it's just me but sometimes my touch screen one freezes a lil bit.
I don't see myself switching over any time soon.

Despite the preloaded Andoid 2.2 OS, I'm pretty pleased with my Intercept. And
since there are rumors abound that we will be getting the update in the "Spring"
(Vague I know) I'm willing to wait it out.

i can digg on the intercept seeing as i LURVE the actual QWERTY. but the optimus still looks like a hawt lil phone

i can digg on the intercept seeing as i LURVE the actual QWERTY. but the optimus still looks like a hawt lil phone

As one of my relatives from Texas once said: "Bubba, you can put
perfume on a pig and it's still a pig son." :D

What I mean by this is of course that function and ease of use matter
more to me then overall looks. The touch screen keyboard is a complete
turn off for me.

The price is a nice change, but when I bought my Intercept - I was able
to price match before the holidays and got it at Best Buy for $180.00
opposed to the $249.00 on the Virgin Mobile site.

I haven't had nearly as many problems with my phone as were reported
online during my research. Overall, the battery could be a bit more
robust - But considering I'm using web accessable apps all the time I
really can't complain.

To me, my Intercept has everything I could want (Besides maybe Flash)
in my first Smart Phone. But of course everyone is welcome to voice
a different opinion. ;)

Samsung Intercept is better because of real glass touch screen, physical slide out keyboard for heavy texting/e-mailing, 800 Mhz processor. The phone will be even more awesome with Android 2.2 (Froyo) around 3/25/2011.

Only thing that Optimus has better is screen resolution 320 x 480.

I wish our Intercept had LED Flash, 3.5 Inch screen, 320 x 480 resolution, EVDO Rev. A and Front facing Web Cam (Then it would be Samsung Transform).

In addition, 4G capability, FM Radio, 4 Inch Super AMOLED screen, 5 MP Camera, 720P video Recording capability, 1 Ghz processor and 512 MB RAM would make it Samsung Epic 4G.

Back
Top Bottom