• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung j7 star

I bought a samsung j7 star on March 3 from metropcs sm-j737t 8.0.0
Had my phone a mad accounts all set up google,samsung,ect.

When I woke up the next morning I got email from google saying your new samsung j7 neo 2 does not have all the apps instAlled. Samsung sent a letter saying my information has changed if it wastes you click here there was nothing there. My android is a nought and I don't have control of all my settings how can this happen and how do I fix it

can you be more specific? what do you mean you do not have control of all your settings? what exactly is going on your phone? can you get to settings?

i'm guessing the letter samsung sent you, was letting you know that you have a new device and just want a verification.....am i correct?

When I go to my settings I use to have a choice of search or the 3 lines on the left when I tapped on it another setting menu would come down now I only have search

can you be more specific? what do you mean you do not have control of all your settings? what exactly is going on your phone? can you get to settings?

i'm guessing the letter samsung sent you, was letting you know that you have a new device and just want a verification.....am i correct?

I already received a letter from samsung when I signed up the day before the next day another letter came stating my info has changed

What info changed?
You're going to get an email all the time when you set up a new phone and account.
Nothing out of the ordinary.
I wouldn't worry about it.
Your menu changes may change depending on your browser, email app, and phone settings

What info changed?
You're going to get an email all the time when you set up a new phone and account.
Nothing out of the ordinary.
I wouldn't worry about it.
Your menu changes may change depending on your browser, email app, and phone settings

What about my oreo turning into nought and why did my j7 star turn into a j7 neo 2 is that normal for that to happen

I cant take screen shots due to a security policy.which I could the day I bought my phone all my files are empty i cant even change ringtone or sounds on my phone either

Hello again I did factory set my phone and some of my software came back, but my phone still didn't give me access to everything I downloaded my info from my google account and I opened a file called android device configuration and it had 5 devices 4 of them were for this phone j7 star and one was for my other phone moto cruise5 on this phone I notice that my radio firmware and bootloader firmware had changed. And google play service version changed. Can you help me understand why this happen

Hello again I did factory set my phone and some of my software came back, but my phone still didn't give me access to everything I downloaded my info from my google account and I opened a file called android device configuration and it had 5 devices 4 of them were for this phone j7 star and one was for my other phone moto cruise5 on this phone I notice that my radio firmware and bootloader firmware had changed. And google play service version changed. Can you help me understand why this happen
ok so lets get oraganize my questions. please answer each one if you can:
1. what do you mean by some of my software came back? are we talking about apps? that you have downloaded from the play store?

2, what do you mean by did not give you access to all of your downloaded apps? are they from a previuos phone? or before the factory reset?

3.not sure on the file called "android device configuration" . where do you see that file? after a search i have found that there is an "android device configuration services" where you can go to google and get data for all of your devices tied to your google acct. is this what you are talking about?

4.if it lists different radio and bootloader firmware then it sounds like your phone must have had an update recently. is this correct?

ok i think thats all of it. if you can answer each # then we might be able to help you better.

1. My samsung secure folder and calculator and files returned on my phone my phone is being backed up to my samsung account it was not doing that before reset

2. Its my play store and and my google apps email google search back up everytime I go to my apps it keeps asking me to update them j do but it doesn't seem to matter when I try to sign into my email I bnb put the information in and then another sign in pages shows up asking me to do it again.

3. No there wasnt no update for my firmware and I got my android device configuration from my google account services I download it I would send you the file but I don't know how

Yes my issues still there I tried to clear the cache of the apps but it just reloads itself I don't know how to tell if spy ware is on my phone or if my phone was mirrored I have double files for everything I do on my phone I'm not a paranoid person but something isn't right any suggestion would be appriciated

It let into the menu here what it said

# failed to open recovery _cause (No such file or directory)#

# reboot recovery cause is [Unknown]#

Block _ Base OTA
support API 3

#manual MODE v1.0.0.#

Back
Top Bottom