• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Kies won't install on Windows 7

Hi All.

Just got a TMobile Samsung Gravity from my cousin as a gift. Have been trying unsuccessfully to root the stupid thing for 2 days now and I am unable to download Kies. I keep getting the following message from the Kies Installshield Wizard:

Samsung Kies – Installshield Window
1152: Error extracting
C\users\Tara\AppData\Local|BF3BDE3A and 61514277
Kies.msi to the temporary location

Download Program: Kies_2.3.2.12064_10_1.exe

Here's the link to the program:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/

My System Info:

Toshiba Satellite
L455D
3.1 Windows Experience Index
AMD Sempron™ SI-42 2.10GHz
2.0GB (1.75GB usable)
32bit Operating System
Service Pack: Windows 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Net Framework Client 4
and an 86xbit something or other
Using Mozilla Firefox

Now, it's two days of my life I'll NEVER be able to get back, just trying to get the phone to it's optimum use. Have downloaded Titanium Back+root, but CAN'T GET INTO THE DANGED phone.

I've done a registry clean and all I got out of it was a faster pc (not a bad thing).
I'm tethered to phone as hotspot and when I first plugged it in via usb cable, the system showed that it downloaded the driver for the device, but I don't see it ANYWHERE on my computer. Same thing with the Kies program. When I do a search in the start program box, neither Kies nor Samsung show up, however, I do see it in my temporary download folder. I never get the option to save it to desktop, so I'm at a loss.

I'm wondering if I have to register on samsung.com website in order to get the stupid download, which I don't wish to do, as EVERYONE and their mother now wants access to all your personal information.

Any suggestions?
Bueller. Bueller. Bueller.

PS: If you reply, please explain it to me like a two-year-old. I'm no techie!:o

You should create a new thread for your request, but the 2 biggest causes of problems with extracting software are either a corrupt download or a full HDD.

- delete all copies of the installer you have
- Go back to the download page
- right-click the download link and choose "Save target as" (or "Save Link as" depending on the browser)

To check your HDD space:

- Click Start > Computer
- Right-click the C: drive and choose Properties

The Properties screen will have a pie chart showing free space. If your free space is measured in MB (or worse, KB), you are out of drive space and need to free some space.

Oops, my bad for not creating a whole new thread. I have plenty of ram left on the HDD, but as for reinstalling the installer....

how on earth do I do that?

You're not reinstalling the installer. You're deleting the old copy of the Kies software download (Kies_2.3.2.12064_10_1.exe) and downloading a fresh copy using the instructions I posted above.

If you're still having trouble, you probably have something else in your system conflicting with the installer; typically, anti-virus/security software. Disable it and try again.

Hi All.

Just got a TMobile Samsung Gravity from my cousin as a gift. Have been trying unsuccessfully to root the stupid thing for 2 days now and I am unable to download Kies. I keep getting the following message from the Kies Installshield Wizard:

Samsung Kies – Installshield Window
1152: Error extracting
C\users\Tara\AppData\Local|BF3BDE3A and 61514277
Kies.msi to the temporary location

Download Program: Kies_2.3.2.12064_10_1.exe

Here's the link to the program:
Download Center: Download Software, Firmware, Drivers & Manuals | Samsung

My System Info:

Toshiba Satellite
L455D
3.1 Windows Experience Index
AMD Sempron™ SI-42 2.10GHz
2.0GB (1.75GB usable)
32bit Operating System
Service Pack: Windows 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Net Framework Client 4
and an 86xbit something or other
Using Mozilla Firefox

Now, it's two days of my life I'll NEVER be able to get back, just trying to get the phone to it's optimum use. Have downloaded Titanium Back+root, but CAN'T GET INTO THE DANGED phone.

I've done a registry clean and all I got out of it was a faster pc (not a bad thing).
I'm tethered to phone as hotspot and when I first plugged it in via usb cable, the system showed that it downloaded the driver for the device, but I don't see it ANYWHERE on my computer. Same thing with the Kies program. When I do a search in the start program box, neither Kies nor Samsung show up, however, I do see it in my temporary download folder. I never get the option to save it to desktop, so I'm at a loss.

I'm wondering if I have to register on samsung.com website in order to get the stupid download, which I don't wish to do, as EVERYONE and their mother now wants access to all your personal information.

Any suggestions?
Bueller. Bueller. Bueller.

PS: If you reply, please explain it to me like a two-year-old. I'm no techie!:o
Is this problem solved? If not I have a small idea. First you must defrag your computer if ever that it can't extract the file. Here. Then if your done maybe after that you go to Start Menu>Run> type chksdsk then run. After that then your done you can reinstall the kies.

many thanks - i deleted the install exe and re downloaded it - it then installed ok :)
cheers

hello
I try to download kies but every time I try to install it I keep getting this message "you are not connected to the Internet. installation cannot proceed. please check the Internet connection and try again" even though I'm connected to the internet :/
after this message come my internet disconnects each and every time no matter from where I try to download
please help

Back
Top Bottom