• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Note is the winner :)

salla43

Its interesting, i am watching a few vids of iphone vs note and i was surprised to see the general conclusion was that the note was conceded to be better, almost reluctantly. Its always much harder for the underdog to knock the champion off the pedestal; because the "judges" (reviewers) are like anyone, they like what they know and are used to.

Samsung has Apple on the run, it's going to be interesting to see how the next 12-24months pan out. I would love to see apple lose their top spot for one. I think they have been riding on a crest of superior marketing over mediocre and manipulative product for far too long. I just hope samsung can keep the pressure on and Apple drop a few more balls along the way...

Samsung Galaxy Note vs. Apple iPhone 4S Dogfight Part 2 - YouTube

Samsung Galaxy Note LTE vs Apple iPhone 4S - YouTube

iPhone 4s vs Samsung Galaxy Note - YouTube

Well, I love my Note.

But, I feel bad for companies that have to try so hard to compete with Apple.

CURRENT APPLE PHONES LISTED FOR SALE ON APPLE WEBSITE:

iPhone 4S

CURRENT SAMSUNG PHONES LISTED FOR SALE ON SAMSUNG WEBSITE:

Galaxy Rugby
Galaxy Note
Galaxy W
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy SII LTE
Galaxy SII X
Galaxy Ace
Galaxy Q
Galaxy GIO
Galaxy Mini
Galaxy S Infuse 4G
Galaxy SII 4G
Galaxy Fascinate 4G
Galaxy 551
Galaxy Nexus S
Galaxy Europa
Galaxy S Fascinate
Galaxy Galaxy
Focus
Omnia II

AND THEN....

There are 63 more cell phones that Samsung sells that are not smart phones. All listed on their website with "where to buy" buttons...

So - the fact that the Note is such a great phone in my opinion, only makes me say "Gee their last 80 or so phones they introduced didn't appeal to me, I'm glad that there is finally one..."

I used an original iPhone up until 2 months ago when I got the Note.

Now, I admit I am an Apple cynic - I personally don't like the 'we will control everything and you will like what we produce and nothing else and you will pay a premium for it' mantra that comes from Apple. But I am a realist and the fact is that Apple has sold a humongous number of iPhones and iPads and continues to do so. The product has to be good enough to persuade so many people to buy into it. This won't stop overnight. I feel sorry for those who are simply buying the brand, though.

Apple is only interested in the premium end of the market. Not everyone can afford an iPhone. Samsung (and most other manufacturers) cater for a much wider market, which is why they offer so many different models compared to Apple.

It can be argued that A Note or an SII or even an HTC One - they might all be technically superior phones compared to an iPhone 4, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee better sales. I much prefer Android but there are just as many that will never get on with Android, especially if they are used to iOS despite the less flexible and less sophisticated nature of iOS. For them, the brand makes all the difference.

Ian

...80 or so phones...
It baffles me that none of the major handset manufacturers Samsung/Nokia/Sony/Moto etc. don't discontinue 90% of their models.

Just have good, better & best hardware on offer, update those 3models every so often and keep it at the top of its market.

Surely having fewer models would bring prices and costs down, and raise each models profile?

Back
Top Bottom