• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung S2 wont boot after SuperSu update

Long story short, day after rooting, SuperSu suggested to update the program. So I clicked next and it gave me an alert signals that we do that and this is reccomended for HTC and what so ever. I agreed and it rebooted the device. Now I am stuck in booting page where there is an exclamation mark with product name.
Like here . Volume UP + HOME + POWER dont get me nowhere. I also tried to go ODIN mode (Volume DOWN + HOME + POWER) but no help.
Only thing it does is after 8 seconds of power button, it gives me black screen and goes back to boot display.

Took out my and put back in my battery, later external card and SIM but always stuck at booting.

I hope it isnt bricked.

My sgs2 did the same thing after SuperSu update couple of days ago. It seemed that it wouldn't do anything, but after I removed the battery and put it back, I was able to get phone to ODIN mode. In odin mode it was saying it was downloading, but Odin 3.09 was able to flash stock firmware anyway (got it from sammobile). Heimdall didn't detect the phone.

Flashing stock firmware didn't erase my data, only root was removed.

Hope you get yours to work again if you haven't bought a new phone yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones