• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung S8 facebook messenger notifications

rnolanit

Lurker
I have read loads on this but no fix as of yet.

I do not seem to get facebook messenger notifications. Nothing most of the time. I understand the perceived issue is due to either delayed notifications or battery settings.


I have however tried everything. Including a full reset of the phone, but the problem remains. I have adjusted the battery saving preferences for the individual app. I have reinstalled the app. Checked the notification preferences for the app, checked the users notificaiton prefences . I cannot figure it out.

My girlfriend has a different model of phone and no issues whattsoever.

I am considering selling the S8 and getting a phone like hers. Its annoying the hell out of me as I have to go into the app then the messages get pulled down - you can alsmo see it happening.

A Google search shows many having the same issue but not positive results (only hopefull attempts that don't end well).

So is this a case to sell my phone? I'm not keen on selling it but if a 140 quid android phone can cope better than this expensive battery drainer why am I hanging onto it?
 
It may just be an issue with the Facebook messenger app, and not your phone.
Facebook is notorious for crappy coding.
 
Have you tried installing Nova launcher and Tesla unread? I use both and never a notification issue
 
Back
Top Bottom