• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SAMSUNG Skyrocket VS Galaxy S2 (AT&T)

NWNINA

Nov 26, 2011
OK guys, I hope you can help me with my dilemma here. I can finally change my T-Rex of a phone (an HTC Tilt 2) for an awesome phone.:) :D

My dilemma lies here :p. I want either the Skyrocket or the S2.
I haven't really used an Android phone before, since the Tilt 2 (windows 6.5) is the only smartphone i have ever had, so I'm new in the Android world.

I know that when I get this phone I will probably start downloading apps like crazy.

My general uses for a phone are games, music, and internet browsing.

What I want in my phone: fast processor, fast internet, durable battery, nice looking.

(BTW I just got LTE in my area)

THANK YOU!!!!:D:);)

I'm new to this forum and Android, but I got the Skyrocket yesterday and haven't been able to put it down. LTE is great, apps are great, browser is great. When I was speaking to the rep from AT&T, they said they werent even selling the Galaxy S2 anymore. So if I had to choose, I would choose something that had longer support from the carrier.

Upvote 0
The only major difference between the Galaxy S2 and the GS2 Skyrocket is the processor and the fact that the skyrocket has access to the ATT LTE (even though its only in like .. 6 cities so far).

The ATT GS2 is as close as you can get to the original GS2 with the exynos and mali and form factor (4.3inch).

The S-Rocket is a 4.5inch device (should come around 5"x2.7" if the same size as my E4GT) with a Qualcomm processor clocked at 1.5 ghz and a weaker gpu.

Is such, in pure performance, the original GS2 is better. Btw, the GS2 WILL GET ICE CREAM SANDWICH no matter what version as it is THE flagship android phone of 2011. It'll come... eventually.

Take your pick OP.

4.5inch screen with a slightly slower (but not noticeable) SoC or the original deal with a faster SoC but slightly smaller screen.

*edit : damn chanchan beat me to posting*

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones