• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Watch with bluetooth bad receiption?

dorlow

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2014
A few weeks ago, I got the Samsung Watch through Verizon which has LTE on the watch. I'm trying to get healthy again and go for runs in the morning. (I work in IT and on call frequently so I have to have cellular service all the time and I hate armbands...) I bought some cheap bluetooth running headphones (like $15 off of amazon.) The first few days, they worked great. Maybe not the best sound quality, but they worked. Last few days though (seeing I'm just getting back into the groove and can't run constantly), when I start walking and my arm drops down, the bluetooth goes constantly in and out. I have to lift my arm closer to the headphones to get a solid connection. Would buying a more expensive set of headphones fix this issue, or is there something else wrong or that I could change?

hard to say as far as more expensive headphones would work better or not. but i always say you get what you pay for. my samsung buds work great and never had any issues with bluetooth connectivity.

curious does your headphones work ok on your phone vs your watch?

I use LG headphones with my phone. I listen to music all day when I'm working, so they work well. And, I like that they have the part that sits on my shoulders. When I work, I always leave one earpiece out so I can hear my phone or chatter in the office... although since covid I've been working remote over a year now. But still need to hear my phone ring (and I use a separate cell phone for work.) I was using headphones like the running headphones while working but, since there was nothing in the middle they hooked to, when I left one side just hanging, it was pulling on my other ear. So, then I was trying to get creative by getting a clip to clip the wire of the headphones hanging to a collar. But, it was just weird. The LG headphones just work well during the day while I'm sitting at my computer working.

I just bought some soundcore running headphones. I didn't run today. But I tried them and held my arm away from the headphones and they seemed to work good. Hopefully I'll go for a run tomorrow and see how well they work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones