• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Saving images with Opencamera app to sd card

shakushinnen

Hi,
I know that is not exactly an android phone, but maybe someone can help me.
I have a Blackberry Q10, on which I have installed the Opencamera app. I have no problems saving pictures to my SD card from the native camera app; but haven't been able to do the same thing with Opencamera.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
...... john

Touch the gear,
Then
Screenshot_20230201-104847.png

Hi!
You are lucky!;) Check the OpenCamera settings to make sure that the option to save to the SD card is enabled and make sure that your SD card is properly inserted into the device and is not full.Restart your device and try again to save a picture using OpenCamera.Or you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the OpenCamera app.

Hmmm, that's odd. I have every other option that Danny mentions, except "Storage Access Framework". Maybe it doesn't show in the Q10, nor in my Moto G (1st gen).
... john

Hi Mike,
It does work, has a decent camera, and will play music. That's pretty much all I want it for. And yes, it can be a pain in the butt. The old(er) Moto G is much more user friendly.
....... john

Hi ocnbrze,
I did post on the Crackberry forum, the exact same request, but, so far, they haven't come up with the answer. Oddly, no one mentoned the the Storage Access Framework setting.
..... john

Hmmm, that's odd. I have every other option that Danny mentions, except "Storage Access Framework". Maybe it doesn't show in the Q10, nor in my Moto G (1st gen).
... john
Is your Moto G running Jelly Bean (4.3) or Lollipop (5.x)? If the former, SAF didn't come about until version 4.4. I don't have a clue regarding Blackberry OS 10 but given it's the same vintage as your Moto G 1st generation that might be why the SAF option isn't visible.

Moto G (1st gen)
https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g-5831.php
Blackberry Q10
https://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_q10-5274.php

But getting back to why you're not able to redirect the default save folder, when you do try to use the Default save option, what kind of error message are you seeing? Also, are you attempting to use the same folder on your microSD card as what the default Camera app is using or a different folder?

I usually tend to move them into a much different folder and it is easy to transfer any images to a SD slot, if you do get Velocity Gallery that wich just said, and I know the ins and outs of Open Camera, I had it forever, as Danny said earlier, touch gear, and have his screen shot.

HI svim,
Moto G is running 4.4.4.
I don't get an error when I choose the default save location on the Blackberry. It simply saves it to Device/misc/android/DCIM/Opencamera/ from which I can then cut and past it to my SDcard.
Well, I have added a folder on my SD card called Opencamera; but it's simply MediaCard/Opencamera.

Hi,
I took a few pictures with both, Opencamera and Blackberry's native app; and to be honest, I didn't really see much difference in quality. (This was by no means an exhaustive comparison.)
........ john

Back
Top Bottom