• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Saving to sdcard

balanair

Lurker
I cannot save an edited document back into the sdcard. I have to save it to the internal drive and then move to the sdcard. Why?

I think that you will find that this is related to the Knox app that is preventing you saving other than to internal. I have found that if I was wanting to work on a Microsoft document, Excel or Word, it worked by copying the file directly to the device, from the PC work/edit it and save to the internal and then copy that saved file back to the PC from which it originally came.

Is that

Thanks. What is the Knox app? Can it be uninstalled?

Look at your apps, is Knox there? It is a security app that came out recently.

i do not think that knox is set up on the tab s. i can see it in settings>app manager>all, but that is the only place i see it.

knox is a security feature that is explained here:Samsung KNOX Provides Privacy To BYOD Users | Ubergizmo

it basically allows the phone to be used for personal and business and keeps your data safe. it also gets tripped when you try to root phones. once that happens then any technician working on your phone will know it was rooted:(

as far as removing it? it needs to be in the app drawer first. if it is then you can follow this guide:How do I Remove or Uninstall KNOX

Quote - Hancom Office "Google does not allow applications to write to external storage in Android 4 or later".
There was some comment on the Hancom website that due to the August updates they are having to work on a solution to overcome those problems.

balanair.
You refer to a SD card, I assume that you are referring a memory card?

ocnbrz.

I have just opened my Galaxy S 10.5 and cannot (now?) find Knox. I think that with me working on my Galaxy S4 with documents and the presence of Knox on that unit I must have assumed that the problem was the same in respect saving to an external source.

Back
Top Bottom