• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen & Buttons do the opposite

Hello,
I have a problem with a Desire Z, when I press
anything on the screen it is then selected on the opposite side. If I press a shortcut in the bottom left of the screen it will press the shortcut in the bottom right of the screen.

Also the function keys they are not working properly, for example if I press the Home key it will load the Search box and if I press the Search key it will take me to the Home screen.

Just so you know this handset has not been dropped but this problem is happening as if the screen has been flipped.

Please leave a reply if you have had this problem or just happen to know how to fix it. :cool:

I put up with the problem for a few weeks after being unable to fix the problem. I tried taking the battery out, resetting the phone etc and nothing worked.

However I recently run the battery completely flat and it was another 24hours or so until I got to a charger. On charging the phone and turning it on - the touch screen started working normally again (and still is 3 days later!).

Upvote 0
I have the same problem - no idea how to fix it though. Did you manage to fix yours? Cheers, Lee

I found out what the problem was.

Basically I bought a second battery for my mum so that she could keep it with her in case it was needed.
When she was changing the battery she was just taking the back off and pulling out the battery without even turning the phone off, then putting in the spare battery. :eek:

I was laughing at this and had to tell her to turn the phone off, change batteries then turn the phone back on. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones