• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Capture?

TDOW

Hi everyone

Like I said, last night we picked up two of these phones. I am considering picking up a third one for myself, IF it has the ability to do a screen capture.

Is there a way to do a screen capture on this phone?

Would it be possible to make a video capture like screenshot.
I mean without an app, just combo key.
Perhaps you may read this guide to see if it's suitable for you.

Last edited:
in not trying to be rude at all, so please don't take this the wrong way, but is there honestly any android phone or version of android that doesn't support screen capture? im sure this has been embedded into the OS straight from google very very early on way back in the day.

well after some wikipedia reading lol i guess it was implemented into android itself starting with 4.0 it is power plus volume down. before that it was up to the device. but honestly ive never seen a device that didn't do this.

well after some wikipedia reading lol i guess it was implemented into android itself starting with 4.0 it is power plus volume down. before that it was up to the device. but honestly ive never seen a device that didn't do this.

I had an Optimus V (2.2 Froyo) that did not support screen caps without root. So yes, I honestly needed to ask the question.

Two if them were charged and i don't even have a stock back up on there to check out! . The one running big super squid's kit kat installed to sd is volume plus down so is mirage with the option in power button menu to.

Of course, there is. Usually, pressing the power key and the volume down/home key simultaneously enables you to take a screenshot of the full screen. But, personally, I prefer screenshot apps to take screenshot on my Android phone as they allow me to capture the specific parts on the screen and offer editing function.

Last edited by a moderator:
As stated previously, there really is no need for any screen shot app for this phone. (pwr+vol down) In my honest opinion, it's a gratuitous waste of space, resources, and possibly privacy, depending on the app. The gallery also has a photo edit function, including multiple effects, cropping, rotating etc. More than enough for the average user in most cases. You can also just select the screen shot in the notification bar to open it in the gallery. I really don't understand wanting unnecessary apps for things the phone already does perfectly well. To each their own I suppose. That's just my take on it.

Back
Top Bottom