• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help screen goes in and out while on a call using bluetooth

radtechy

ok i have a weird problem,(verizon incredible) when im streaming music via bluetooth in the car and check my notification slide down bar no problem but if im on a call using bluetooth via the car stereo when i want to look at my notifications or press "2" for an automated system my screen will flicker on and off and you have to time it right to catch it before the screen dims im talking a split second i thought maybe it was the proximity sensor that dims the screen to save battery when the phone is on your ear but i have no clue why this is, i ruled out the proximity sensor cause the phone would be in my hand or on my bracketron universal windshield mount

also if i try using the power button to bring the screen on again it does nothing but confuses the phone and slows it down

i know its not the screen timeout cause it comes back without hitting the power button

anyone else experience this??? :confused:

I would have guessed the proximity sensor. Are you sure it is not that?

Even if you put your hand close to it (to the left of the Verizon checkmark at the top of the phone) it goes black. This was a pain in the butt until I realized it (pretty quickly but I was trying to "catch" the screen before it went out when it first started messing with me).

I am not sure what else it could be.

Thank you that was it....so now I drag my notification bar in the middle of the phone and no problem. I noticed the prox sensor if you tilt the phone and its the same place as the Iphone but never had the problem cause there isn't a notification bar

It drove me nuts at first too. Like you guys, now that I've figured it out, it's easy to avoid. Big pain in the ass at first, though.

Back