• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen is unresponsive to gestures

D

Deleted User

So I know a gal with a 2014 Moto X, Pure Edition and unlocked, running stock marshmallow. She showed me her phone today, and it was exhibiting behavior that I couldn't account for. The notification shade can be pulled down to the first layer *only*, and it refused to be extended to show the shortcuts. I can swipe it it back up, but regardless of where on the screen that I try I pull down a second time (left side of the screen, right side, middle, etc), it simply doesn't extend. Also, the home button doesn't work. The haptic feedback and visual "glow" are there, but it refuses to call up the home screen; oddly enough, the back button and task switching buttons both work fine, amdnas far as I know the screen is otherwise functional. I was told this began yesterday, and that no new apps have been installed in the last three-ish weeks; Dropbox to be exact. Given that I have no idea of its software or hardware causing the problem, I'm a bit hesitant to do a hard reset yet (though I'm fully aware that it may come to to that). Has anyone else come across this, or have a suggestion for me to try?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom