• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen on from lock

russ9127

When hitting the lock button to turn my screen back on there is usually a couple second delay. Is there any way to fix this? Right now I am running cog 3.03 but it would do it on the stock rom too.

Any suggestions?

Does your phone run slowly in any other situations? Loading of apps, typing, answering calls. I notice a delay when unlocking my phone if I haven't restarted it in a while, or the cache is backed up a bit.

Easiest thing to try would just be to restart it. Probably a good idea to do that once every few days or so.

The other suggestion would be to go into manage applications, find apps with large caches, and clear them. Tip: while in there, hit menu and select filter. Set it to All. That way, it will show the core apps so that you can clear the cache for them as well.

I just flashed Cog like two days ago. And I have cleaned the cache and I do not really experience any lag otherwise. If i keep hitting the unlock button the screen turns on instantly. However if I wait a few seconds and then try it takes about two seconds for it to turn on. Its as if it goes into a hibernating mode or something?

Its not a huge deal, just a little frustrating at times.

Strange. Not sure what to tell ya.

The only thing I can think is maybe you could post on the cog thread over at XDA. It might have to do with that, so they would know more.

Back
Top Bottom