• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen response

Hi,

I've just got a new 2015 Moto G after having an iphone 5s. I've noticed one thing though that's really annoying me right now.

When I swipe to scroll down a screen, like installed apps, every two or three swipes registers as a tap instead and opens up whatever it thinks I've tapped on. I've tried adjusting the pressure of my finger and the only thing that works is by holding down really hard on the screen which I don't really want to do.

I've tried without a screen protector which again is something I don't really want to do, then a plastic one and finally tempered glass. It makes no difference. It just thinks I'm tapping when swiping. Is this going to settle down or is it my phone? I've also had a Windows Phone which I had no problems with. Just the Moto.

Has anyone else noticed this and are there any suggestions?

Thanks,
Craig

Hi,

I've just got a new 2015 Moto G after having an iphone 5s. I've noticed one thing though that's really annoying me right now.

When I swipe to scroll down a screen, like installed apps, every two or three swipes registers as a tap instead and opens up whatever it thinks I've tapped on. I've tried adjusting the pressure of my finger and the only thing that works is by holding down really hard on the screen which I don't really want to do.

I've tried without a screen protector which again is something I don't really want to do, then a plastic one and finally tempered glass. It makes no difference. It just thinks I'm tapping when swiping. Is this going to settle down or is it my phone? I've also had a Windows Phone which I had no problems with. Just the Moto.

Has anyone else noticed this and are there any suggestions?

Thanks,
Craig
Mine is somewhat similar, but not near the same severity... I occasionally get swipes registered as touches, and holding down just a little firmer prevents it from occurring, but the extra amount of pressure is not concerning to me at all. I just thought it was my tempered glass screen protector. I have gotten so used to it doesn't even bother me anymore though.

There is no calibration or adjustment, if it is what you deem as defective I would contact Motorola for a replacement or repair.

Thanks. I've sent it back for repair so hopefully it will come back working better! Pity there's no calibration.

Thanks again,
Craig

Back
Top Bottom