• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

screen transitions

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy s3, version 4.1.2. Whenever I click an app the screen fades in or out and the transition is very slow. Verizon told me that it was due to a theme but they didn't offer any help at all. I removed all of my Go Launcher themes, restarted the phone, took the battery out and the problem is still there. It is not jerky or anything like that and the Verizon guy told me that it was not a mechanical problem. Anyone experience this and, if so, any suggestions how to fix it?

There's a pretty easy trick you can do to make transition animations quite a bit faster.

Go to Android Settings > Developer Options*, and change the values for Window animation scale and Transition animation scale to ".5x"

* If you don't see the Developer Options entry, go to Settings > About phone and tap the Build Number entry 7 times. You should get a brief message congratulating you on being a developer, and then the Developer Options menu will be available.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones