• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen unresponsive while charging

Bowler116

Lurker
I got an Nvidia Sheild Tablet a few days ago, and noticed that while charging, the screen becomes mostlty unresponsive, accepting only a small fraction of taps, and doesnt detect the stylus at all. The few taps/swipes it does detect are very innacurate or laggy. Any help is much appreciated, I hope I don't have to send this thing back, because I already have tons of game progress on this thing.

Device: Nvidia Shield Tablet

Original OS: Android 4.4.2

Charger: OEM

Thanks!

Hey buddy. This happend to me as well. It was when I used other charger than the original one. I used the original cable from the box and powerbrick by Belkin. When I use normal charger fron the box I have no problem.

Unfortunately I was one of the 80,000 people who had their tablet recalled. the new tablet doesn't have this problem, but thanks for replying!

I was having the lag issues way back when, but the next-to-last (I think) system upgrade made it go away. Finally felt like the tablet it should have been the whole time.

I have this problem even after updating to Marshmallow on a recently purchased Shield (12/29/15 purchase). Really rather disappointed with the thing, prolly stuck with it tho cos Newegg's return policies are not very good...Nvidia was/is too cheap to include charger/cable etc.

Never had this problem and we use a cheap charger we got at the hardware store with 2 1a usb outlets. The Shield will handle a 2a charger but other then the initial charge, it never takes very long so we never bought a new one.

We have the newer K1 model.

Back
Top Bottom