• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen went black, but, everything else seems fine

SharkGoal

Lurker
I am new to the Samsung Intercept & Android.....

I hit End/Power key to turn on & check e-mail and it was non-responsive... So I pulled the battery... waited a few minutes and reinstalled + power it up only to continue to have a dark screen. Although, I could hear the Boot up sound and sounds that made it appear everything was booting correctly.

When I look at the phone in darker light, you can tell the screen is receiving power as it is barely lit. Also, when I tap the screen, I can hear the "tapping" sound indicating that the touchscreen function still works.

Can anyone suggest an answer to correct my issue?? Help

It's possible that you accidentally set screen brightness to zero, or that your automatic screen brightness isn't working.

Can you see the screen well enough in a dark room to get to the settings and change this? Set to max or turn off automatic and set to max.

Settings > Display > Brightness

I suppose it's also possible that you're using some app that purports to save your battery and that's the cause of the problem, but I've heard no stories of that happening.

In the worst of all possible worlds, your screen has died.

:(......Brand New phone..... I had only installed a few games and an anti-virus program. Also, cannot see any images in screen. I guess I am screwed. Bought thru VM, won't this be fun!!! :(

Take your phone to the nearest Sprint Store. I've never heard of them turning away a VM customer.

Back
Top Bottom