• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help screen won't turn off

phillyundead

I haven't done anything with the system apps or bloatware but i am rooted. Last night my F3 began to not turn the screen off when a notification was there. anything that makes the LED go off. I can't figure this one out.

I haven't done anything with the system apps or bloatware but i am rooted. Last night my F3 began to not turn the screen off when a notification was there. anything that makes the LED go off. I can't figure this one out.

Use GoSMS for messages. It's a bug with stock SMS messanger that when you have few unread messages at notification bar screen wont turn off.

refer to here http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-f3/756702-issue-screen-screen-doesnt-turn-off-glitch.html

I have not experienced this with or without notifications unread. All stock, stock messaging app. Hmmmm. All I get is the pulsing led home button.

I have not experienced this with or without notifications unread. All stock, stock messaging app. Hmmmm. All I get is the pulsing led home button.

You can disable home light button light at the settings. The issue with screen might be some system app conflicting with market apps.

It's not the LED home button light. The entire screen. I can't stand GoSMS. Hancent has severe MMS issues and Chomp is very heavy on CPU. I've used all of them on my last phone. This has seemed to stop happening for now actually but now I'm having issues with the phone never notifying unless i open the app. I turned off clean master and it still hasn't change. Sometimes i get notifications and sometimes i don't. Same with Kik and Facebook. Sync is on. I just don't get it. I've even factory reset. This phone is full of issues.

Hi -

I encountered a similar glitch. The screen on my T-Mobile F3 wouldn't turn off, ever. It even stayed on in the lock screen after restart and after battery pull.

Given . . .
system settings / display / screen timeout: 30 secs
screen stays on and never turns off

Issue seems to be with . . .
system settings / display / front touch key light: always on

Went to . . .
system settings / display / front touch key light: 5 secs

SHAZAM! Screen turns off in 30 secs!

Back
Top Bottom