• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help screen write question

mrteeth

Lets say I want to screen write on a document...let's say an 8.5x11 document ...I want to add text both on the top of the page and on the bottom, how do I do it? If I do a screen write it takes a snap shot but only the top portion of the screen. I can no longer scroll down.

Suggestions?

Lets say I want to screen write on a document...let's say an 8.5x11 document ...I want to add text both on the top of the page and on the bottom, how do I do it? If I do a screen write it takes a snap shot but only the top portion of the screen. I can no longer scroll down.

Suggestions?

Pinch to shrink to have it fit on the screen, then do a Screenshot. After that you can zoom back in to write on the screen, and scroll down.

That doesnt work very well. If i pinch i can get a snapshot of the whole page....but when i zoom.....everything becomes blurry. I need it to be the same clarity as the original document.

That doesnt work very well. If i pinch i can get a snapshot of the whole page....but when i zoom.....everything becomes blurry. I need it to be the same clarity as the original document.

hmmm... Some have said you don't get as good quality Screenshot if you have the setting to go straight to editing. Others that it made a difference if you do it from air command or a different method. I personally haven't seen any difference and have compared file sizes as well as image pixels and checking visually, so it might be different in different firmware versions, might be something worth looking into, though. In case this is effecting the quality of your result.

I haven't tried the 8.5x11 doc that you are attempting, I just suggested it because I knew that method was possible (I'd done it for a picture I'd taken), but if you can't get the quality you need, that's no good.

OK. Either I'm not doing it right, or Samsung did not think this over too well when designing this tool.

All I want to do is to write on any document, any picture, any spreadsheet. I don't care about the size.

Open the document, using aircommand, select "Screen write" and now I should (Technically) be able to write anywhere on my selected document.

But it doesn't work that way. It only captures whatever fits on the screen at the time. But that defeats the purpose altogether. How about the bottom of the doc?

It makes no sense. So if I'm doing this wrong, I wish someone could show me how to do it right. It's a great business tool but I need to know how to use it to help me in my every day task.

OK. Either I'm not doing it right, or Samsung did not think this over too well when designing this tool.

All I want to do is to write on any document, any picture, any spreadsheet. I don't care about the size.

Open the document, using aircommand, select "Screen write" and now I should (Technically) be able to write anywhere on my selected document.

But it doesn't work that way. It only captures whatever fits on the screen at the time. But that defeats the purpose altogether. How about the bottom of the doc?

It makes no sense. So if I'm doing this wrong, I wish someone could show me how to do it right. It's a great business tool but I need to know how to use it to help me in my every day task.

As far as I'm aware (only had it yesterday so could be wrong) screenwrite is literally just a screenshot that you can write on.

To write on documents and such that are bigger than the screen, you'd need to open it up in an application such as polaris, quick office, papyrus etc.

One way is to import the doc/ images to S-note then use that app to edit. You can then export from S-note again when done.

I think screen write is just that, the screen.

Back
Top Bottom