• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Scroll Away

svertm

Jan 20, 2011
Anyone know of a trackball toggle widget or something of that nature? I hate when I'm charging my Eris and all hell breaks loose when I plug it in. So Another solution I would enjoy seeing is one that just disables the trackball as soon as I plug it in. Any help on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

from everything ive read,you cannot control the track balls existance with software,and the issues youre having are due to its close proximity to the usb plug.

i saw a post else where about cleaning the track ball by running it around on a white piece of paper,but i suspect since you have the issue on plug in that things are going askew inside,and its a hardware prollem rather than a dirty trackball prollem. :(

Upvote 0
i wish i could help you there! i have no idea where youd look,im new to all this. if you cuold pull it off,id be real happy to disable mine permanently. my other phone is a droid 1 and im completely accostomed to not using the track ball :D

I just uploaded an app called TrackGone. It's my first app so it's not amazing by any means. Working out some bugs, but I figured if people really wanted to get rid of this then I found a way. It will freeze your phone for a few seconds and give you the force close/wait pop-up. If you hit wait after pressing on your trackball movements should be disabled. Any responses would be awesome. Also other things people would like to see in the app should get sent to me. I think it would be cool to make this a sort of Christmas tree app. Let me know how things work.

Reactions: Jrocker23
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones