• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Scrollable wallpaper stopped working help

dolfinluvr

OK so I was on the boostff27 rom and everything was working fine. I had to do a factory reset and when I booted my phone back up my scrollable wallpaper didn't work anymore. My screen moves left and right but my wallpaper stays stationary. I thought maybe my rom was out of date so I went looking for a new rom well that didn't solve the problem. Yes all my settings are made so that my wallpaper should scroll but it doesn't. Any ideas would b great.

also what launcher are you using? have you tried reflashing the rom if you are using a custom one?

The first rom I tried was explosion and that didn't fix it than I tried ctmod and that didn't fix it as for the launchers I used which ever one came with the rom. I just installed the roms and tested the wallpaper didn't do anything else.

The first rom I tried was explosion and that didn't fix it than I tried ctmod and that didn't fix it as for the launchers I used which ever one came with the rom. I just installed the roms and tested the wallpaper didn't do anything else.

try a different launcher .. I am running megatron 6.0.4 and the default launcher does not support scrollable wallpapers .. Try go launcher ;)

I'm using Xperia launcher and have scrolling wallpaper. I'm on 2.3.4 tho. My wife's phone also has Xperia launcher but is on 2.3.6 and her scrolling wallpaper doesn't work. It quit working after the FF27 update.

I'm using Xperia launcher and have scrolling wallpaper. I'm on 2.3.4 tho. My wife's phone also has Xperia launcher but is on 2.3.6 and her scrolling wallpaper doesn't work. It quit working after the FF27 update.

Why would you want to stay on 2.3.4:confused:

I've had the ff27 update for the longest and my scrolling wallpaper worked just fine until yesterday when I had to do a factory reset and it magically stopped working.

Why would you want to stay on 2.3.4:confused:

I have close to 200 apps installed and a lot of work into customizing my phone. When FF27 came out I tried it and wireless location services acted buggy (wouldn't work half the time) so I figured it wasn't worth messing with. I absolutely have to have that working while at work since I work in an all metal building and GPS won't work at all. Maybe one of these days I'll feel ambitious and try again. Right now I'm enjoying a bug free OS on a phone that's tweaked exactly how I like it. Using Bob's kernel (to fix the touchscreen issue,) and the FF27 baseband.

I've had the ff27 update for the longest and my scrolling wallpaper worked just fine until yesterday when I had to do a factory reset and it magically stopped working.

That is weird then. On my wife's it hasn't worked since the update, even with the stock launcher. But I didn't reset her phone or anything. Have you tried go launcher?

I have close to 200 apps installed and a lot of work into customizing my phone. When FF27 came out I tried it and wireless location services acted buggy (wouldn't work half the time) so I figured it wasn't worth messing with. I absolutely have to have that working while at work since I work in an all metal building and GPS won't work at all. Maybe one of these days I'll feel ambitious and try again. Right now I'm enjoying a bug free OS on a phone that's tweaked exactly how I like it. Using Bob's kernel (to fix the touchscreen issue,) and the FF27 baseband.

I think their was some issues when 2.3.6 first came out but they have all been fixed... gps wifi ect... I odin my phone back to stock and excepted the ota update... haven't had any problems. But I don't use wireless location that much either..:)

That is weird then. On my wife's it hasn't worked since the update, even with the stock launcher. But I didn't reset her phone or anything. Have you tried go launcher?

No i haven't I use to use go launcher then it started acting funny so i stopped using it I'll go try it again and let u know how it works

Hmm... my TU never had scrolling wallpaper, either before I rooted or after, will have to try go launcher to see if that gives me the feature.

Edit: oh it does.... don't know why i didn't do this before, I have go launcher on my kindle.

Back
Top Bottom