• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SD card and developers

mobrienjr

Android Enthusiast
Mar 14, 2010
ok, I am curious if this could even be done. When using ADW it takes awhile for everything to load up the first time and most of the time I have to restart adw to get all the apps to show. I am curious if the devs could possible write a script that would call for the preparing SD card to happen and be completed before the launcher loads up. That way when the launcher, adw or launcherpro, has the perimeters for the apps that are on the sd card.

ok, I am curious if this could even be done. When using ADW it takes awhile for everything to load up the first time and most of the time I have to restart adw to get all the apps to show. I am curious if the devs could possible write a script that would call for the preparing SD card to happen and be completed before the launcher loads up. That way when the launcher, adw or launcherpro, has the perimeters for the apps that are on the sd card.

This is normal. It gets worse as you add more apps to the SD card, and it seems a lot worse for the 32Gb card compared to the 16Gb. Thus, there's really no way for the launcher to know for sure when all the SD card apps have "checked in." Best to just restart your launcher. Many of us have this issue. In fact, if you're scrolling around in LauncherPro panels during this process, it'll force close and you need to restart it anyway. Neall

Upvote 0
I know that it is normal, it would be nice if the developers could put like a xx second delay before the launcher is fired up. That way the user can determine how much time is needed so that they do not have to start the launcher over again. That was the whole point of this thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones