• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card Doesnt Mount!

KemoKeg

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and knows how to fix it. I had bricked my phone and did all the unbricking and what not but when i rooted it again and went into recovery i tried loading a rom from my external it uploaded the zip but when i went to reboot now, it said that my didnt have root access i tried going back and it just got stuck in a bootloop so i formatted everything and ran the whole unbricking and rooting process all over again. once i did i tried going into my external and it said error external sd cannot be mounted, anybody think they can help me out. thank you ahead of time

Hello and welcome to the forums . now which recovery do you have Since you still rooted and I hope you have a backup made

Now did u formats the card or try to mount through clockworkmod
Now before format TRY TO MOUNT card through the clockworkmod

Yeah I tried through clockwork, first i tried installing a zip[ from external and it came out with the error saying SD cannot be mounted and then i tried from the mount option in cmw and the same error appeared and it doesnt let me format the external cause its not mounting

What size card and have you ever format it
Try the card in the PC/laptop see if it reads if not you need to format

i have an 8gb and its not reading it on my laptop either
and how would i format it , if it cant format on cwm and my laptop doesnt recognize it ??

Wow the laptop doesn't see it you must didn't let it install the drivers either now do u have a camera you can also format in a camera . now try to put back in the laptop with the SD adapter and see if it can read on the computer . if not post back

Wow the laptop doesn't see it you must didn't let it install the drivers either now do u have a camera you can also format in a camera . now try to put back in the laptop with the SD adapter and see if it can read on the computer . if not post back[/q]

on the camera it says the memory is locked so i cant do anything :/still doesnt read it and now even worse i dont have any signal whatsoever -_-

Wow the laptop doesn't see it you must didn't let it install the drivers either now do u have a camera you can also format in a camera . now try to put back in the laptop with the SD adapter and see if it can read on the computer . if not post back
on the camera it says the memory is locked so i cant do anything :/still doesnt read it and now even worse i dont have any signal whatsoever -_-

You Dont have signal on what . can't u format on your PC/laptop. If not your needing to be looking for a new sdcard .:eek::D unless you have another card cause the thumb drive maybe broken

You Dont have signal on what . can't u format on your PC/laptop. If not your needing to be looking for a new sdcard .:eek::D unless you have another card cause the thumb drive maybe broken

my phone just says searching for service and i unbrick, and it does the same, idk what to do, and yeah ill just go out and buy another one

Who do u have as a carrier metro PCs you need to update prl by dialing *228 try with the wifi

yeah but i dial *228 and it tells me there is a problem with activation cause i have no signal -_- ive read up some more and it seems to be called "test mode" but ive only found the fix on it for the LG esteem im gonnna keep looking around, if you know how or anyone else knows how to get this phone off of test mode please help

Back
Top Bottom