• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD card issue...

abevuk

Jul 16, 2012
Guys,

Please help... I removed my SD card 64gb from my note and placed it into the Xperia Z for a friend to see if it would recognise that amount of memory, it did and the card was removed back to my note 2....feeling rather pleased with myself that I'd helped a mate I carried on as normal....

I've just tried to delete some movies and put some new ones on, the new ones won't go on and when I delete stuff and restart the
Phone the deleted files come back and I also can't format the card via a PC or the note itself.

Anyone any ideas or am I spending another

Guys,

Please help... I removed my SD card 64gb from my note and placed it into the Xperia Z for a friend to see if it would recognise that amount of memory, it did and the card was removed back to my note 2....feeling rather pleased with myself that I'd helped a mate I carried on as normal....

I've just tried to delete some movies and put some new ones on, the new ones won't go on and when I delete stuff and restart the
Phone the deleted files come back and I also can't format the card via a PC or the note itself.

Anyone any ideas or am I spending another

Upvote 0
Did you back up your SD card prior to doing this? If so, I'd re-format the card in the phone itself. Then transfer back all of the data that you had on it.

Sounds like your removing the card might have thrown it into a "read only" state.

FYI - I wouldn't recommend doing what you did to anybody. If a friend or family member ever had any question about a 64gb card being recognized in their device, all I would do is tell them that the original Droid from Verizon US was proven to identify 64gb, so no reason anything newer than that would not be able to identify that amount of memory.
Which makes me wonder if he "unmounted" the card first or just took it straight out the phone.
My sd card issues happened with the last update which made my cards unreadable on the phone & pc.
The only way I was able to get it out of a read-only state was to keep reinserting it over & over & over & over......you get the point....into my pc.
It kicked out of read-only on it's own by doing it this way--nothing else was working.

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones