• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card Mounted Read Only

bertles86

Hi folks,

I've been using my HTC Desire on Orange for less than a week now, and the above message shows up in the top bar persistently now.

I'm using a 32GB Kingston micro SD card, and have formatted it in the phone and on XP SP3 numerous times. Error checking it under XP temporarily fixes it and allows writing, but then it comes back again.

It does not seem to like music being transferred over, I tried syncing with an iTunes playlist through HTC Sync 3, and using doubleTwist but either way the music transfers, is playable but the message shows in the top bar all the time.

This prevents me from installing apps to the card, using the camera and a host of other things.

Any ideas on a permanent fix? Thanks!

Edit: using 2.2 (Build 2.10.405.2) OTA from Orange.

Did you ever get a fix? I was doing great with my phone until syncing it with Doubletwist last night. Then it won't come out of the Read Only mode. It's very angering because the camera is a HUGE part of why I got the Inspire. I've tried unmounting (which it won't do), it won't mount to my iMac like last night, I can't do anything other than (sometimes) access the music on there. I can't even look through my pictures on the SD card. I would put it in an adapter and mount it on the SD slot on my iMac if I could find the adapter. I just haven't used an SD card in so long, I don't know where I put it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Turned out the microSD was counterfeit and hence didn't always read as it was dodgy. Sent it back and bought a legit one from Amazon, works perfectly.

If in doubt with yours, try mounting on your PC with a card reader, and repairing the memory card. Then put it back in your phone and see if it mounts/reads.

If not then clean format it, the folder structure could be corrupted.

I finally got it to mount to my iMac over USB and removed the damned iTunes files (but now my 2 year old can't listen to Yo Gabba Gabba in the car. She prefers In Flames either way...) Most of my music doesn't have the RMD, or whatever it is, so I didn't think about it when syncing the playlist. But I've got it sorted out. Remove SD, remount to Inspire, move USB to different port, restart iMac, voila! Mounted Inspire and problem solved. I love these forums...

Back
Top Bottom