• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card problem

WozzaTT

Hi - I'm having a problem attaching a photo to a text message in that it just won't let me do it using either Hancent or the stock app! So..........I thought I'd take a photo with the camera and see if I can attach that ok. However, when I try to take a photo I'm getting the message 'Unable to save file to SD card due to insufficent file permissions'. I've taken photos before with no problems.

Do these phones ever run reliably?? Tomorrow's my last day to decide whether to keep it or not and it 'aint looking great I've got to say. Any advice/hints/tips greatly appreciated.

Hmm - have realised that it now won't even show my photos when I go into Photos. No problems with seeing them before today.

Can anybody help before I start packing it up? :mad:

Ok - I unmounted the SD card, took the battery out etc and put it all together again.

All now seems well ie I can send an MMS and the camera works again, BUT, I sent a couple of photos to myself to test it and each one arrived twice. Any ideas??!!! :(

BUMP

I also have a similar problem - sometimes when I try to take a photo or record a film I get the following message

'Unable to save file to SD card due to insufficent file permissions'

If I switch off the phone and put it back on - it is fine and starts working again

Most sd card problems can be solved by formatting, before you do copy the contents to your pc & copy back to sd card after format.
Another trick remove the sd card & blow in the card slot, also wipe the card contacts with isopropryl alcohol.

Back