• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card Size Issue with 32 Gig

mistermsk

Hi All,

Got an intersting issue with a few SD cards. I bought a couple 32 Gig cards. When I use them, I notice it keeps saying I have ~2 Gig used and about 29 Gigs free. I put Music on there (legitimately) and it still shows that. Then I notice some of my folders disappear to get everything back down to 2 gigs. It is like you put more on it then something later starts capping it down to 2 gigs. I went as far as to put 15 gig of information on a SD card. No problems with the SD card reader. used it on and off, no problems. When I stuck it in my Phone. I started noticing the following day most everything I had under MUSIC and other folders were gone. Some sub-folder stayed but most were wipped. What the ...?

It would be the phone not supporting the card or just not able to read such memory, cricket has the most junk androids so what u have working on ur phone is a blessing and yada yada
But take it to ur local store and show them the phone, make sure its unrooted so u don't get flagged on ur warranty, but all I. All its a manufacturer malfunction and may be an easy fix or a hardware issue. Not sure but hope I gave u a clue in what to do, if not atleast I gave u something to read for 2 minutes lol good luck

Just an update that is stranger then strange.

1) If I just take video with the phone or a hell of a lot of pictures, they save fine no problem.

2) If I connect it to my computer (either by taking the card out and putting it in a usb adapter or by hooking my phone up directly to the PC) I get massive card errors when copying it to it and then looking at it.

Doesn't make any sense. So, I'll just go buy a 16 Gb and be done with it.

Back
Top Bottom