• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD card unavailable

allelujah

Lurker
Hi guys suddenly my phone stop reading my SD card I already checked if it's broken but it's not I tried rebooting my phone but I still have the same problem the system say preparing SD card but nothing really happens my SD card won't Mount my phone. any solution here?

sounds like the card might be corrupted. what phone do you have? which sd card do you have? how long have you had the card?

does the pc see it when you connect the phone to your computer? if soi would copy its content to your pc and then re-format it.

sounds like the card might be corrupted. what phone do you have? which sd card do you have? how long have you had the card?

does the pc see it when you connect the phone to your computer? if soi would copy its content to your pc and then re-format it.
My SD card is Kingston and it's working properly when I tried it on another phone and yes the PC see it and I reformat it but I still get the same problem with my phone (VIVO Y91) it was working fine before but suddenly it disconnected and it keep saying SD card Unavailable and suddenly stuck on Reading SD Card but it take's forever and nothing really happens I also tried rebooting my phone still same problem.

Do you know any setting that might be blocking my SD card?

ok not the sd card. the only thing that i know of in settings is for you, is to either mount your sd card or unmount it.

if it is your phone and not your sd card, then it could be either a software or hardware issue.

if it is a software issue, try running it on safe mode and see if you have access to the sd card.

if you are still not able to access the card then the only thing i can think of is a factory reset:(

now if it is a hardware issue then you need to either take it in or upgrade to a new phone:D

ok not the sd card. the only thing that i know of in settings is for you, is to either mount your sd card or unmount it.

if it is your phone and not your sd card, then it could be either a software or hardware issue.

if it is a software issue, try running it on safe mode and see if you have access to the sd card.

if you are still not able to access the card then the only thing i can think of is a factory reset:(

now if it is a hardware issue then you need to either take it in or upgrade to a new phone:D
Man when I removed the SD card it says SD card removed so it means that my phone actually read my SD card but why can't I access it or see it. Any way I tried what you said but It dint work I think im just gonna go Upgrade for a new phone Thanks for the respound any way I appreciate you're time

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190414_000411.jpg
    Screenshot_20190414_000411.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 461
Honestly, IMO:
From what I read, I think one of the manymany prongs that read the sdcards broke inside your device (yes, I do electronics) ..i.e, a hardware issue.
If you've factory reset already, have formatted the sdcard again, and still having same problem that is..

Man when I removed the SD card it says SD card removed so it means that my phone actually read my SD card but why can't I access it or see it. Any way I tried what you said but It dint work I think im just gonna go Upgrade for a new phone Thanks for the respound any way I appreciate you're time
well i had an sd card that was corrupted. nothing was on it. it was somehow deleted or not seen by the phone or the pc. it was just gone. almost like it was reformatted, but i never performed one. the phone saw the card as well, but would not let me save anything to the card. i replaced the sd card and all was good. i unfortunately lost some photos as it never had a chance to download them to google photos on wifi.

anyways, sounds like you are upgrading to a newer device.....good for you.

Back
Top Bottom