• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD card won't work

I just bought a Shield running 5.0.1. I bought a generic 128gb micro SD card. The first time I put the card in it worked and I was able to move apps and copy stuff to it. I didn't reformat the card first. Later the card didn't show up, it did give option to unmount or erase but it showed as 0gb now. I put the card in my computer and could browse to all of the contents so card seemed fine. I then tried reformatting to fat and later to NTFS as nvidia recommends and neither works. Card works fine in computer but not the tablet. Am I missing something?

I just bought a Shield running 5.0.1. I bought a generic 128gb micro SD card. The first time I put the card in it worked and I was able to move apps and copy stuff to it. I didn't reformat the card first. Later the card didn't show up, it did give option to unmount or erase but it showed as 0gb now. I put the card in my computer and could browse to all of the contents so card seemed fine. I then tried reformatting to fat and later to NTFS as nvidia recommends and neither works. Card works fine in computer but not the tablet. Am I missing something?
Look at the specs/info of your device - may only be rated for a 64Gb card..? (Just a thought)

Back
Top Bottom