• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seem to have bricked my phone

I started out ok, by following the instructions here: http://androidforums.com/threads/how-to-unlock-install-recovery-and-root-with-htcdev.702090/

I must admit I skipped the 'make a backup of your stock,unrooted rom.' part and am now kicking myself for that but I did get it to work, got it rooted (with s-on though) and managed to remove all of Oranges craplications. This is where I should have stopped but I got cocky and decided to install a newer version of Android - jellybean. I just copied the zip over and used the same recovery tool to try and install from zip...

Now, it won't go past the HTC logo when turned on.

I can boot into the HBOOT menu and I can get into the recovery menu thing (via the red warning triangle at recovery boot) and I can clear the cache.

I have tried putting the RUU back on it (downloaded from htcdev, oranges release) but the exe I downloaded can't connect to my phone.

Help.... please?

HBOOT details:
UNLOCKED
ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0029
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M
eMMC-boot
Dec 22 2011,14:28:19

Never mind. Turns out I could use the HBoot menu to re-install the recovery file and boot into that, then from there use the 'restore system' option - even though I didn't explicitly tell it to backup the system files. Thank God it decided to back up my system for me automatically.

My hat off to whoever decided to do that.

Back
Top Bottom