• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sending Failed Null - connection error

salla43

Hi Guys.

I had an odd thing occuring the other day. Everytime I sent an email via the preinstalled email app on my note, I was getting Connection Error and Sending Failed Null appearing on the screen, but the actual email appeared to be being sent!

It was becoming very irritating, as it was happening automatically also so i'd be getting it appearing when using other apps.

I did a bit of research and couldn't find much useful info online, apart from that others seemed also to have this problem.

RESOLUTION:

Remove the email accounts and then re.add them. This worked fine.

As I am using GMAIL this worked a treat, all the contacts and emails came right back up again.

Of course if you are using other systems , back up your emails and contacts, as applicable.

I am not quite sure what the problem was to start with , but I think it's to do with sending replies to receipt requests from senders. I never usually send these replies, but remember just prior to this problem I was in a hurry and clicked OK to a few of them instead of CANCEL; maybe the data was trying to be sent via some other system and got corrupted. I don't know....

Anyhow the above certainly fixed it for me. Hope it helps others.

But this does not address the root of the issue. are you therefore saying that i need to delete and re-add the mailbox every time i get this issue???

I have no idea, my friend. I am just reporting what solved the problem for me. Fortunately i have not experienced it since. And that was back in Jan, so hopefully it won't happen too frequently for you. However, i am only using K9 mail now. Maybe that's something to do with the lack of probs.

Thanks... the 2 email accounts that I am using are hosted by gmail (through google apps). Maybe I'll just use the native gmail app as opposed to the email app. That may be the best option.

yeah , depends if you are a power emailer, or not.

I use emails 60% of the day, flitting between them and website, so a good email app is essential. K9 seems to do it ok for me.

Back
Top Bottom