• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sensation Acting Buggy the Past Month

I know some people have had problems with the Sensation. Over the past month I've been experiencing problems with this for which was weird because it never acted-up before on me.

Pressing the 'Power' button doesn't always work and the screen wont often lock.
Pressing 'Home' sometimes takes a screenshot even though im not touching the 'Power button.
My battery life has been depleting rapidly the past couple days.

I've had the most recent version (2.3.4) since it was released without any issues up until now. Is there anyway to fix these issue or to reset the phone back to 2.3.3 (I dont care if I lose my data if it means a fix for the phone).

The biggest thing I want fixed is the 'Power' button sticking. Im so sick of it!

I know some people have had problems with the Sensation. Over the past month I've been experiencing problems with this for which was weird because it never acted-up before on me.

Pressing the 'Power' button doesn't always work and the screen wont often lock.
Pressing 'Home' sometimes takes a screenshot even though im not touching the 'Power button.
My battery life has been depleting rapidly the past couple days.

I've had the most recent version (2.3.4) since it was released without any issues up until now. Is there anyway to fix these issue or to reset the phone back to 2.3.3 (I dont care if I lose my data if it means a fix for the phone).

The biggest thing I want fixed is the 'Power' button sticking. Im so sick of it!

All of these issues have been reported before, so you're not the only one. I can't really suggest anyway to fix these as my Sensation is rooted and running a custom ROM and has none of the above issues.

One thing i will say though, is that i am almost certain that the power button issue is software related as oppose to hardware as the issue was present when i first flashed my ROM of choice but has since been fixed with a new kernel update; something which unfortunately is only available to rooted phones so may be an option you want to explore?

Under battery use, what is listed as using the most battery? and how long is your battery lasting roughly?

With regards to your battery use...

Switch off Allow background updates.
Switch off Set Automatic Time
Switch off Notify me of new open Wifi connections.

I also use Juice Defender Ultimate - but I get much more life out of my battery with these options turned off.

Back
Top Bottom