• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sensation temporarily freezes.

mello35

Hi I just got my sensation a few weeks now and loving it, but Im having a problem that has developed. Each time I end a call or close an app I get a white screen with "HTC" then a loading box for a few seconds then back to the home page, this happens very frequently and its kinda annoying. Could someone tell me whats going on or is it a software issue?

Hi I just got my sensation a few weeks now and loving it, but Im having a problem that has developed. Each time I end a call or close an app I get a white screen with "HTC" then a loading box for a few seconds then back to the home page, this happens very frequently and its kinda annoying. Could someone tell me whats going on or is it a software issue?

that is usually a sign that the phone is killing off the "sense" launcher because it needs more RAM for another process. I'd recommend uninstalling any task killers if you have them installed.

Installing an app like system panel may clue you in on what is hogging up your ram. Could just be from a poorly coded app running wild in the background.

Another alternative would be to install another launcher, such as Launcher Pro, ADW, or Zeme.

Ok thanks for the input. But clue me in here, do I just install a launcher and it will do the rest? Or do i have more adjusting to do after the installation.
Also generally how do I remove some native apps that I do not need that is taking up usable space.

There is you're problem. By default you cannot remove apps that came preinstalled. If you installed launcher pro or something like that then when you press home select that one. Re-setup your home screens.

Ok thanks for the input. But clue me in here, do I just install a launcher and it will do the rest? Or do i have more adjusting to do after the installation.
Also generally how do I remove some native apps that I do not need that is taking up usable space.

Rooting will allow you to remove unwanted apps.

If you install an alternate launcher, you will have to set up your home screens again and you will lose the ability to use the widgets that come packaged with sense.

Thanks again for the inputs, but I think I will stay with the HTC Sense Launcher until I can get the freezing issue solved. then i will move on to the next thing. Also I will get some more intel on the other launchers and rooting to see if they are for me.
Thanks again guys great help.

Back
Top Bottom