• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Serious Power Help Needed: Does Bluetooth or WiFi Internet use more battery power?

I would say, from my own experience, that wifi is faster than BT. I have sometimes used an app named Droid Over Wifi that lets me set up the phone as a file server, and use a web browser to login from a PC (or even another phone) to the phone using a onetime code the app generates each time you use it. Then you can use a file directory interface to look for files and/or pics to select on the phone and then download to the PC.

I would say, from my own experience, that wifi is faster than BT. I have sometimes used an app named Droid Over Wifi that lets me set up the phone as a file server, and use a web browser to login from a PC (or even another phone) to the phone using a onetime code the app generates each time you use it. Then you can use a file directory interface to look for files and/or pics to select on the phone and then download to the PC.
Thanks!

If bluetooth uses less power, can you recommend a "bluetooth data sharing" App to send data from the Huawei running Android 4.1 to Win10 or another Android device?

Be great if I didn't need to install an extra App because the power on the batteries I've bought are limited... 😢 😢 😢 😢

you need to consider and weigh out the power consumption issue with regard to speed; how much less power consumption do you think BT uses versus wifi?
if BT speed of transfer is an order of magnitude (or larger) slower than wifi, then total power consumption will be excessive because you're spending 10x the number of seconds and it may drain the battery more than using faster wifi that consumes slightly more energy.

[ Bluetooth vs. Wifi - What's the Difference? | This vs. That ]

all that said, I once long ago used an app (yes you'd have to download and install that too) called Bluetooth File Transfer, it's an older file manager app that supports BT connections between phones and PCs.

[ Bluetooth File Transfer - Apps on Google Play ]

Last edited:
I'm sure your quickest and easiest way by far, would be to insert a micro-SD/TF card in the phone and transfer/copy all the photos using the phone's own file manager app. You can put the phone in flight mode, so it will use less power.

Why can't you charge the phone, don't you have a USB charger, or don't you have mains power there?

Last edited:
i agree, a microsd card is the way to go, if you are concerned with battery consumption. also a connection from phone to pc via a cable would also use less power.

edit: after reading your other thread, if the sd card that is already installed on the phone is formatted as internal, then like i said in that thread, the sd card is encrypted. i think then that your best option is to just connect the phone to the pc and copy your internal to the pc.

Back
Top Bottom