• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Service Menu

alexander323bc

Android Enthusiast
I came across this tool and write up that might help diagnose any issues with your S3. I did a search for service menu and nothing came up so here it is.

Accessing the Service menu

The Service menu is activated through a sort of code that you enter into the dial pad of the phone. To get started:
1. Start your Phone app
2. Get to the Keypad screen
3. Type in: *#0* #
You now should have in front of you a screen with a 5 X 3 grid of options.
Testing the color capabilities of the Galaxy S3

The top row of buttons tests the color capabilities of the phone. Touch each square to see the Red, Green and Blue color tests of the screen. You should be easily able to see if you have any dead pixels on the screen when it is filled with the various colors.
Testing the Receiver and Vibration

Tap the Receiver icon and you should hear a short, high pitched beep. If you don’t, you might have some issues with the Receiver on the phone.
Tap the Vibration icon to test the vibration of the phone. The test should emulate full vibration. This is a reported issue for some users, so it is good to test it out.
Test the dimming and Mega cam

Tap the dimming button and the screen will be divided in three parts; red, green and blue. Tap the screen again and it should dim to about half brightness.
The Mega cam test simply tests out the big camera on the back. Tap it to activate the viewfinder and the rear lens.
Testing the sensors

I didn’t realize that the Galaxy S3 had as many sensors as it did until I tried this one out. Tap the Sensor button and all hell breaks loose on the screen.
The Galaxy S3 will begin running tests for the:

Back
Top Bottom