• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

services/apps

mngmentg

Lurker
What is removed apps and users? And why is it constantly consuming data as are other apps I never use but force stop but they somehow mysteriously re-enable and go back to back running and consume more data?

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not sure what you mean by "removed apps and user"? so i can't answer the first question.

what is consuming data compared to other apps? how much data are we talking about?

A lot of apps will restart by themselves. It could be due to you restarting your phone, another app required something from it, it received a notification or a number of other various reasons. Trying to constantly keep the apps closed would probably be a winless battle. Especially if they're system apps as you'd probably never directly use them but they're working in the background when they're required. If you have some apps that appear in your app draw which are constantly restarting and using data I'd suggest turning off background data for those apps. Without knowing your phone I can't say exactly how you'd do that but on my Samsung if you open the app draw, long press on app, app info, mobile data, untick allow background data usage. At least that way if they open up in the background they won't be eating your data :)

A bit of a FAQ actually...

Well "removed apps" is apps that you've recently removed and uninstalled, but the system has still counted any data they consumed during your current billing cycle prior to their removal. It doesn't keep a record of what those removed apps were, so it just counts them as one item in the total data usage.

You can't really "force stop" something that's not there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom