• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

set custom notification sound?

I may be a little slow here but I cant figure it out.. when I had my moto droid since it was rooted i just pushed the ogg file to the sound folder... I installed ringdroid to see if that would help me but it dont support ogg files. my goal is I want my droid sound back lol. any help would be great.

Try creating a folder in the root of your SD Card called 'Notifications' and placing the file there. If that doesn't work you might have to use a different file, so if it doesn't work pm me your gmail and I'll e-mail my 'Drrroooiiiiid' sound to you.

Try creating a folder in the root of your SD Card called 'Notifications' and placing the file there. If that doesn't work you might have to use a different file, so if it doesn't work pm me your gmail and I'll e-mail my 'Drrroooiiiiid' sound to you.

I was just going to say the same thing. Creating the "notification" folder on my card did the trick for me :D

Yeah, I've got one for ringtones and backgrounds too. You can also make one for alarms but I always just use my alarm clock, so no need.

Zedge is a great free app. It has hundreds of thousands of free ring tones, including the "droid". You select the ring tone, download it and the when you want to change any ring tone or notification sound the file be will available. Hi res wallpapers there also.

Back
Top Bottom