• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help setting Handcent as default text message program

dokjon

Lurker
When I had Ascend i was able to set Handcent as my default msg program. I can touch the smiley balloon at bottom of screen and it'd ask me if I wanna use android text or handcent text with a check box that says set as default. I've noticed that Optimus won't give me the option like that. Anybody have any idea on how to go about doing this??

Thanks

It sounds like the stock messaging app is still your default. Go to Manage Applications, then the stock Messaging app, and click on 'clear defaults'.

That should help...

It says No defaults set. I cleared data to make sure no settings been saved. When I'm looking at a contact and press send message, then it'll give me the option to choose default messaging program, but I can't set it up to where I press the default message balloon icon and get Handcent..

I think the app shortcut you're using on your screen needs to be replaced with the shortcut to Handcent, and not the stock messaging app.

Right. That is a shortcut to the stock messaging app and looks like it cant be changed. Just use a different launcher and you'll be able to customize it however you want.

what launcher do u recommend..?? What I've also noticed is that when my phone is locked, on the slide to unlock screen, it'll say that I have these pending text messages, but I've already read them in Handcent. To clear that number, I'd have to use the stock app to read them. Optimus stock msg app is just stubborn..!!!

Go Launchers great! I love it. haha i'm an android newbie. Is there an app to modify the lock screen? I've seen my friend have these four slide buttons for different functions. Do you have any info on that?

Right. That is a shortcut to the stock messaging app and looks like it cant be changed. Just use a different launcher and you'll be able to customize it however you want.

You can definitly change it, thats what I did.. Just go to your menu find handcent app hold down like your gunna drop it on your home screen than just put it on the bar replacing the stock app

Back
Top Bottom