• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Settings > Apps > All (doesn't exist?) (issues with installing 4.1.1)

TuBig

Lurker
Dec 24, 2012
I feel like I MUST be missing something...

I'm trying to upgrade from stock 4.0.4 to 4.1.1 and have had nothing but problems... First, I get E:Error /tmp/sideload/package.zip ... which I've read is an issue with the zip file I downloaded... and have downloaded from 4 different sites including androidpolice and xda developers (said it was stock)... But nothing works... always the same error. So I'm back to trying to get it updated OTA, if Koodo hasn't disbanded that completely (like it seems to have done to its forums...)

Anyway, when I look for settings/apps/all... All doesn't exist. Downloaded, USB and Running are the only tabs available. Cached is a sub menu in Running... That's it. I disabled Google Services Framework at one point and it doesn't appear on any list I can find.

I'm so lost...
Edit: I found it... there is no 'all tab' but if I go to the apps menu, then 'manage apps' it starts in an unknown heading that doesn't appear anywhere else that lists everything...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones