• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Settings change to default

odatkid

Hi All,
I'm running the excellent Katana Rom and I'm having a problem with the phone occasionally saying "the SD card has been removed" and then warning me of the proper procedure when I do want to remove the card. I have not touched the card at all and what happens when I get that message is my phone reverts to default setting and all the tweaks I made (Like ring tone, etc.) go away.

Any ideas?

Thanks.......Tom

Hi All,
I'm running the excellent Katana Rom and I'm having a problem with the phone occasionally saying "the SD card has been removed" and then warning me of the proper procedure when I do want to remove the card. I have not touched the card at all and what happens when I get that message is my phone reverts to default setting and all the tweaks I made (Like ring tone, etc.) go away.

Any ideas?

Thanks.......Tom

1) make sure SD card is in properly it might be loose.
2) SD might be failing
3) maybe an old SD card and isn't responding well to the tweaks

That's all I got. Sorry bro.

I got to agree with Jason. If it were my device, I'd do a sammyz unbricking while you can, before its to late and crashes for good.
I'd send it back and let Lg Swap it out. The Sd card usally either
works or it doesn't. Formatting is the hardest thing it does.
Good Luck Kid ,

I got to agree with Jason. If it were my device, I'd do a sammyz unbricking while you can, before its to late and crashes for good.
I'd send it back and let Lg Swap it out. The Sd card usally either
works or it doesn't. Formatting is the hardest thing it does.
Good Luck Kid ,
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies.
Do you mean the SD card that comes with the phone or the new 32gb card that I put in. I recently replaced a bad 16gb card with a new 32gb card and all was well for awhile. I noticed it happened when the music I was playing suddenly stopped. Saw that error message and then it started scanning media files and all seemed to be back to normal except all my settings had been change to default and this has happened a few times. It's the same behavior that preceded me determining that the old 16gb card was bad. Could it be that the new card is bad also, or do you think it's the card that came with the phone.:confused:
Thanks again....Tom

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies.
Do you mean the SD card that comes with the phone or the new 32gb card that I put in. I recently replaced a bad 16gb card with a new 32gb card and all was well for awhile. I noticed it happened when the music I was playing suddenly stopped. Saw that error message and then it started scanning media files and all seemed to be back to normal except all my settings had been change to default and this has happened a few times. It's the same behavior that preceded me determining that the old 16gb card was bad. Could it be that the new card is bad also, or do you think it's the card that came with the phone.:confused:
Thanks again....Tom

This phone is REALLY picky about what memory you put in. Sandisk 32gb usually isn't good with this phone. Its kinda a hit and miss with this phone and SD cards.

Thanks...I got a warranty replacement on the Adata 16gb so when I get back in town I'll install it and let you know the results. I'll then see if I can format the 32gb and use it somewhere else.

Thanks again..........Tom

This phone is REALLY picky about what memory you put in. Sandisk 32gb usually isn't good with this phone. Its kinda a hit and miss with this phone and SD cards.
Hi All,
Just returned and backed up the data from the sandisk 32gb drive to my pc and then moved that data to the new adata 16gb drive. My phone has a red icon on the scanning media icon and says "removed SD card". So I took the 16gb card out thinking it may be a format issue and then formatted it on my pc using SD Formatter 3.1. I. After formatting I again loaded the files from my pc to the 16gb card and still get the same error message on my phone and the phone shuts itself off. I removed the card and put the sandisk 32gb card back in (I hadn't changed anything on it yet) and the phone seems fine for now, but I suspect I'll run into the problems I was having before.
Did I do something wrong with the 16gb card or should I format it and install all the files while it's in the phone as opposed to in an adapter while it's in my computer.
Sorry for the lengthy post.:confused:

Thanks...........Tom

I always format any card in the device I'm going to be using it in just to be safe.

Oh an in case anyone remembered me having my 32sd Samsung issues, I found out that the card I purchased was fake and the reason data wasn't sticking is because it was actually a cheap 2 gig sd stamped with 32 on it. So Bnb you were right I got hosed off of eBay.

If anyone can give some insight as to which 32sd are friendly with our spirits please lemme know. I'd like to get an idea of which brands are doing well before I purchased another 32.

I always format any card in the device I'm going to be using it in just to be safe.

Thanks for the reply. How do I format the card in the phone? When I start the phone with the card in it I get a blinking SD icon with a red exclamation point and the message "removed SD card".
Don't know what to do from that point. Removed it and formatted on my pc but get the same result when I put it in the phone.:confused:

Thanks.....Tom

Make sure that you're formatting it to Fat32 on your PC. Then when you place it in your phone it will automatically reformat it for you.

I have a somewhat similar issue with my SD card that I've had ever since I got the spirit. When I use spotify, sometimes the music will stop playing and i'll get the error "SD card unexpectedly removed" and I'd have to wait for the media scan to play music again. But it only happens with spotify. Nothing else, not play music, not the stock music app, apollo, pandora, whatever have you. And it happens on all ROMs so I guess it's the SD card :( my good ol' faithful card that I've had since the first HTC Hero.

Make sure that you're formatting it to Fat32 on your PC. Then when you place it in your phone it will automatically reformat it for you.
Thanks GT,
I formatted it FAT32 and when I install in the phone I get that blinking media scan icon with a red shield and an exclamation point. Don't know what else to do.

It's a brand new card (16GB Adata). My pc can see it and read and write to it.

What can I do?:help:

Tom

I have a somewhat similar issue with my SD card that I've had ever since I got the spirit. When I use spotify, sometimes the music will stop playing and i'll get the error "SD card unexpectedly removed" and I'd have to wait for the media scan to play music again. But it only happens with spotify. Nothing else, not play music, not the stock music app, apollo, pandora, whatever have you. And it happens on all ROMs so I guess it's the SD card :( my good ol' faithful card that I've had since the first HTC Hero.
Thanks for the reply. My 32GB Sandisk card only acts up when I'm running PowerAmp. And even then it's intermittent. That's why I was going to use the 16GB card.
Very frustrating.:confused:

Thanks again......Tom

Back
Top Bottom