• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Several Issues regarding SD cards space, apps constantly force closing

caspian915

Hey all,

I'm temporarily on this phone for a few reasons, among them it was the cheapest I could find on Craigslist in my area on short notice. I'm not happy with it but I'll survive because really I do not absolutely NEED anything more than phone, text, email and maps.

Be that as it may, I have a couple of issues that seem to do with space. I have 796mb of space on my internal SD card and 500mb of space on my external. However, my podcast app (Doggcatcher) errors and won't download even one single podcast because of space reasons. Also, I backed up my text and MMS messages from my old phone (among other things) via My Backup Pro, but the app won't let me load them. The text messages are kind of important because I have a couple of non-backed up phone numbers in there (hadn't re-downloaded SMS Backup to Gmail yet on the previous phone).

I can't use the camera becaue it says there isn't enough space for the pictures.

And finally, TuneIn Radio Pro refuses to work. I click it, it goes into the main screen and browses for radio stations, then goes black and force closes.

Beyond those things listed above, podcasts, radio (mostly NPR) and taking pictures, are what i want my phone for. There doesn't seem to be anything explaining why this phone is so damn glitchy that it can't handle any of those things.

Does anyone have any ideas? Even my Droid Eris from around the same time period could do all of that without a problem. This phone feels like an early stage beta device, if that.

- sps

Back
Top Bottom