• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SGH-T989 reboots on 'twrp' screen - how to fix?

gil_happy

Oct 16, 2011
Hello, I followed this root procedure for my Samsung S2 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2195283) and everything works like a charm - although I did need to use the open source Superuser.zip instead of su-3.0.5-efgh-signed.zip. Now I have a new problem:

- I believe I stopped at step 17, so once it was rebooted, everything seemed to be normal and operational and I verified I had root.
- Then I attempted to encrypt the device from the 'settings' menu. This was done to prepare so that I could 'factory wipe / reset' my S2.
- The encryption seemed to go as expected, however the problem as that when it is performing the factory wipe, once it reboots, it always comes up to the 'twrp' screen. I believe if I don't perform the 'factory wipe', it reboots as normal.

How do I prevent this from happening? Any help is greatly appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones