• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Shall I update my phone and are there any problems with this update?

Hello everyone. I just want to make sure about updating my phone. The current version of my phone is Android 6.0.1 with the May 1, 2016 security patch level. And I got this popping up randomly;

http://m.imgur.com/VXhU3Ya

I am hesitating on downloading/updating anything now regarding anything that would affect my phones system.. or something.

Because a few months back I had a problem with my first Android phone. Which was also running the version 6.0.1. It basically got bricked when I tried to update it. The update was the usual notification type where youd decide if you want it or no. Actually I also asked for help here. I followed the advice and get that phone to avail the brand's service, but unfortunately they dont have the software IIRC the term. And other problem is it wont charge anymore, hardware problem they said, so either way they cant fix it. Therefore I throw it out. (I also learned that Im not the only one who got bricked. There were lot of us first generation Android One users. But I lost interest and dont know how they fixed theirs because I was so pissed off.)

So now. I keep getting this pop up. I am just wondering if you, my fellow Samsung J7 users, have had your phones updated. And what problems you encountered if any.

Thank you in advance. And sorry if tjis question sounds stupid, I just want to make sure this time. In addition, I am not also technology literate so I am sorry again.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones